Over the last few weeks I completed the prep work on the new berry project site. All but berry order has arrived, and we planted all the berries that we had – eight of the ten total berry beds.
Quite a bit of work to prepare the new field for berry plantings. Some larger invasive elms had to be removed witha backhoe, and a neighbor helped with an initial discing and de-rocking with his bigger equipment.
I have started a spreadsheet to track expenses (so far) related to the berry project. I’m trying to make all the information available about this project as I go along, so I am including a live embedded version of the spreadsheet
The berries have been ordered and will arrive sometime in April. I had to shop around a little bit to find the varieties I wanted at the best price. I’m planting most of the raspberries a little thicker than usual to help them pre-fill the rows.