Here is a very brief history of the farm:
- Farm founded in Hotchkiss in 1993; this year we operated a CSA with 75 members under the name ‘The North Fork Valley Community Farm Project”
- 1993-1995 ~ Continued operating CSA expanding to over 160 members
- 1996 ~ scaled back only wholesale and retail markets, no CSA
- 1997-2003 ~ expanded wholesale operations, sold at farm stands in Crested Butte and Telluride; also sold at farmers markets in Crested Butte, Telluride, Ridgway and Hotchkiss.
- 2004 ~ farm moved from Rogers Mesa to Powell Mesa
- 2005 – present ~ stopped doing retail markets, offered CSA under the name “Turkey Hill CSA“, continuing wholesale business